1 x 26 tooth gear
3 x washer (0.1mm thickness)
The new modular (M) crowns consist of three components:
1. Gear: the gears are exactly the same as the usual Slot.it crowns with a new insert. The insert has a non threaded hole.
2. Lock ring: this keeps the shaft in place. There are two types: one is for the 5.5 mm pinion (GMF55) and the other is for the 6mm pinion (GMF60).
3. Steel washers: they work as a bearing, free to rotate independently from each other and from the mutual movement of the crown and the shaft, floating on a layer of oil.
The crowns require careful assembly by ensuring the following:
1. there must be TWO washers between the shaft and the lock ring.
2. the grub screw MUST go all the way through to the shaft. In other words, make sure that the grub screw is inserted through the hole on the sleeve on the crown side.
3. the washer on the gear side is optional.
4. put a drop of oil on the two washers.